Life Has An Expiration Date


Life has an expiration date.
We should live life fully
to die remembered.

Remember me as the laughter
that broke the silence of sorrow,
a day never so dark I could not find light.

Gather my poetry to hear my voice.
Let it speak the words of a heart
that transformed the alphabet into verse.

I know not the day I will leave,
to dwell on my demise too gothic.
I shall live as only I know how
to plant the seeds of memories.


©Susie Clevenger 2011
Poetry prompt: If I should die,
think only this of me..

Comments

Daydreamertoo said…
What a lovely wish stated in such a genlte way.
Lovely prose.
Isadora said…
Well written with so many visual descriptives in it.
Beautiful ...
Isadora
Laurie Kolp said…
I really like the second stanza. Laughter is so important!
Jess PJ said…
the third stanza is just lovely!
Mike Patrick said…
Wonderful. Live as you would like to be remembered--unless you're a celebrity.