1999 ~ Yep, I Was There ~ @NWCreativeUnion #WWUC


1999……lived in the middle of the Bible belt,
winds sweeping across the plains….red dirt.

A choir of chicken littles pestered my ears
with the end is near, computers will die,
the golden arches will fall.

1999…..I was obese….my poetry was asleep….
I bought some bottled water in case the tap went dry…
took $200.00 out of the bank…..

Wondered how it would feel to step
into the 21st century....then stumbled
across the calendar with a yawn.



Susie Clevenger 2012
Natasha Head over at New World Creative Union has us in a time warp and headed back to 1999. The most I remember about it was all the frenzy at the end of the year. There was so much chatter of doom....wait this is 2012...Am I living in a time warp rerun? People are stockpiling food, buying guns and ....well, all the things one does when the sky is falling.....I am looking forward to 2013.

Comments

Unknown said…
nice share Susie. Oh, how I forgot all about that Y2K virus scare. How nuts people were back then. Funny to look back at it know.
Susan said…
How I love this! O I remember Y2K panic and driving from NYS to Virginia with only Bible Belt radio in my ears. We have changed so much since then.
Susan said…
PS: Thanks for posting this song!
Susie Swanson said…
Very nice Susie.. That Y2K really had us doomed..lol.
Ben Ditty said…
I was young and believed Y2K, though not enough to take percautions ;-)
Tashtoo said…
Oh Susie! This made me laugh...I remember sitting watching New Year happen around the world...figuring that would give us clues to what was coming. We had cash, water, canned goods, even...and a month old baby that might have led to our fervor...would it be okay if I was a little disappointed about that sleepy stumble across the calendar...they really built the hype!
Monty said…
great job, susie! seems I wasn't the only one to remember this last, rather anti climatic, ending to a year :)

Monty