Stone Weight


He wanted me to jump hoops,
you know the kind…
work harder (for less money)…..

Ah dear mirror,
I’ve painted enough Mondays
to know pink is too weak,
and red comes with a reputation.

Everyone’s a judge these days.
You’re one button too close to trashy.
She got her job by going through the bedroom door.
A brain doesn’t go with blond.

Frankly I need a little more bitch,
 less give a damn, and a hip sway
that leaves an exclamation.

I’ve learned people judge the weight
of their stone throw by the size
of the sin list they store in their closets.

©Susie Clevenger 2017

Comments

Frank Hubeny said…
I liked the line "You’re one button too close to trashy."
I guess we all have a sin list--I love how you extend this metaphor--
Anonymous said…
Exactly right = Know this can be turned to a benefit.
Anonymous said…
a hip sway that leaves an exclamation.. oh love that!
Wonderful portrait in wonderful phrases.
Marian said…
Yes! I need a little more bitch, too.
Kerry O'Connor said…
You’re one button too close to trashy.
That line made me laugh out loud!
This was brilliant and profound:
"I’ve learned people judge the weight
of their stone throw by the size
of the sin list they store in their closets."
brudberg said…
Too many Mondays.. you need that red