Night's Wandering

With quiet footsteps I walk through shadows
As once again I find sleep has chosen to
Take its drowsy eyes and dreams to someone else
My night wanderings through midnight halls
Are more familiar to me than slumber

Thoughts play in a random procession
Taking me from melodies I can’t forget
To love my heart seeks with tender yearning

Through moon tinted panes I look into the dark
Watching and waiting for woodland creatures
To bring me comfort as they too make their
Lonely treks on shadowed pathways

I hear the approach of morning traveling on the wind
The sun has not yet shown its face
As the moon lingers with one last kiss before dawn
Wrapped in my blanket of solitude I embrace
The hope sleep will surely come soon
And my long night will once again come to an end

Comments